Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale (BGCS) is thrilled to announce a grant in the amount of $100,000 from Thunderbirds Charities to enhance the organization’s art programs and infuse them with a technology piece to provide programming across multiple Clubhouses. The funding will empower the Clubs to provide an enriched creative learning experience for all members ages five to 18, fostering artistic expression and technological innovation.
The funding from Thunderbirds Charities will be instrumental in implementing a series of transformative initiatives and use of technology to bring specialized art programming and feature local working artists at all Club locations:
- Integration of Digital Content in Art Rooms: Thanks to this support, each art room will be equipped with technology to bring digital content and virtual classrooms to Club members. This innovation will allow BGCS to collaborate with other Clubs and access specialized art classes, such as the Bob Ross style of instruction. By leveraging online resources, children with a passion for drawing, painting, sculpting, and various artistic endeavors will have the opportunity to explore and develop their skills further.
- Enhancement of Fine Arts Materials: The Clubs’ fine arts programs will receive a boost with the provision of high-quality art materials. This investment will ensure that every Club member has access to the quality tools and supplies, nurturing their creativity and enabling them to produce exceptional works of art.
- Dedicated Art Staff Members: Thunderbirds Charities’ funding will ensure that every Club has either a full-time or part-time dedicated art staff member. These professionals will play a pivotal role in guiding and inspiring Club members on their artistic journeys, offering expert guidance and mentorship.
- Participation in BGCA National Arts Contest: Each Clubhouse within Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale’s network will now have the opportunity to participate in the prestigious BGCA National Arts Contest. This competition encourages young artists to showcase their talent on a national stage, fostering healthy competition and motivating Club members to excel in their creative pursuits.
- Comprehensive Staff Training: The funding will also support additional training for staff members through various methods, including in-person youth development training, online curriculum training, and the BGCA CREATES youth arts engagement guide. This comprehensive training approach will empower staff members to create a nurturing environment that promotes artistic exploration and growth.
- Hartley & Ruth Barker Branch Art Room Refresh: As part of the enhancements, the Hartley & Ruth Barker Branch located in south Scottsdale will receive a revitalized art room. The improvements include additional storage, an art sink, new tables, art stools, window coverings, upgraded technology including a screen and laptop, and a refreshing of the flooring.
“Thunderbirds Charities commitment to the community’s youth is quite simply put, unwavering,” said Ivan Gilreath, BGCS CEO. “This collaboration will leave a lasting impact on the lives of countless children across all of our 9 branch locations, nurturing their creativity and enriching their personal and artistic development.”
This grant is part of the Spring 2023 cycle. View a list of all Recent Grantees.