Thunderbirds Charities only accepts grant proposals submitted through its website. To submit a proposal you will need an email address and your organization’s IRS tax ID number. You also must be able to attach all required materials. This means that you must have the documents stored electronically and accessible to upload during the online proposal process.
If you are new to our application process, we strongly encourage you to read the entire page of requirements before opening your initial online grant application form.
The items below are required for all requests:
Narratives required in the proposal include (but not limited to)
- Summarize the purpose of the request (maximum word count 100).
- Organization purpose: please give us an overview on your organization; history, mission and goals; need or problem that you work to address; brief description of current projects/programs, activities and accomplishments; geographic area and target population you serve, please include the number of individuals served (maximum word count 225).
- Project/Program details: please describe the project for which you seek funding; briefly describe the specific problem/need or opportunity in our community this request will address; population and geographic area you plan to serve and how they will benefit from the project, include the number of individuals this project will serve; summarize the activities or strategies that you will employ to implement the project; anticipated timetable of the project; how will you measure or evaluate the effectiveness of this project; what is your plan to sustain this project going forward (maximum word count 500).
Supplemental materials required in the proposal include (but not limited to):
- The IRS 501(c) (3) tax-exempt determination letter. Using a “second party” 501(c) (3) status is not permitted.
- The organization’s IRS form 990 or 990-EZ for the most recently completed fiscal year, 990/990-EZ returns covering a fiscal period in excess of 15 months from the time of the application will be rejected – you may reapply in the next funding cycle.
- Audited, reviewed or compiled financial statements for the most recently complete fiscal year and the immediate prior fiscal year. Each financial statement must include a balance sheet (or equivalent), income statement (or equivalent), cash flow statement, appropriate footnotes and accountant’s reports. Financial statements covering periods in excess of 15 and 27 months, respectively, from the application date will be rejected – you may reapply in the next funding cycle.
- Annual operating budget for current year (non-detailed, line items rolled up).
- Annual organization budget for current year (non-detailed, line items rolled up). For a sample organization budget, please CLICK HERE.
- Program / project budget for which you are requesting funding. For a sample budget, please CLICK HERE.
- A list of any funds raised to date and from whom, for the program/project for which you are requesting funding, if applicable.
- A complete list of corporations and foundations that have given to the organization in the previous fiscal year and how much each has given ($5,000 and above).
- A list of the Board of Directors of the organization, including primary business or professional affiliation of each.
Proposals will be accepted on or before the due date. Thunderbirds Charities appreciates those organizations that submit prior to the deadline.
Thunderbirds Charities 2017 Spring Funding Cycle is now open. The deadline to apply is March 1st at 5:00 PM MST.